Monday 5 December 2011


Piracy, poor sales force Mlangeni into begging.

By ALBERT SHARRA. 

With just a month after gospel star Lloyd Phiri came to the open to tell the nation that he is failing to release his new album because his last albums did not yield enough money because of piracy and poor sales, another gospel star Peter Mlangeni has come out to the open with similar concerns to ask favours from his fans to help him release his new album.

Speaking in a separate interview with On the Arts last week Mlangeni said he is completely bankrupt because his last album called Ambuye ndiwabwino
 has only sold a fraction of the money he invested and now is unable to finalize
 recording of his new album.

"Things have gone out of hand; i am totally broke that i can not even finish recording my new album. I have come out to ask all my fans and well wishers to help me with any little cash they can afford. I can not continue hiding in the wilderness
 because i know truth will set me free and bring favours before me,” says Mlangeni who made his name after releasing his second album called Amandikonda where there is a popular hit Wandikweza Yahwe.

 Mlangeni says his last album has not sold well because he released it at a time when Amandikonda was still hot on the market. He also lamented that the album was hit strongly by piracy.

“It was a tough challenge which i could not survive and as an artist who believes in taking risks I am not looking back. I have come up with brilliant compositions and I am optimistic that they will do much better than any of my albums, I am just assuring all my fans that the new compositions are great and they should not hesitate to assist me,” says Mlangeni who disclosed that he has already recorded two songs Amayankha and Kodi ukafika for the new album.


He says he is targeting to raise about K250 000 which will cover both recording and distribution. All people who want to assist him should call him on 0999 394 929 or just deposits their cash to Bertha Onsewa account number 1624587, National Bank of Malawi, Lilongwe branch.
END.

No comments: